Brinley Nicole Moore

pregnancy

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Birthing thoughts

So I just stumbled across a Chinese Gender calendar that is said to be 90% accurate at guessing the gender of the baby. So I put in my age of 26 and the month of conception which was December. It says I am having a GIRL

Also I am having to change doctors since my original doctor won't file medicaid as a second insurance. So I am changing to a doctor in Conway that has a Midwife there. I think I might try to have this baby without the drugs. After watching this movie documentary called The Business of Being Born. It talked about how Midwives are used throughout the world and not so much here. That the infant mortality rate is 2nd highest in the US when compared to the rest of the world and that the rate of C-Sections in the USA is 47%. That just scared me. I don't want to have a C-Section if at all possible and don't want to be pressured into getting one before the baby is ready to come out. 

I think by going with a Midwife I could avoid this. I think I would also like to have a waterbirth but i don't think Medicaid covers that....I just can't afford it otherwise. Maybe the hospital has a bathtub in the birthing room. I haven't been the Conway hospital birthing rooms yet to see. They do tours on Sunday at 2pm so I will have to go by and see what they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment